== JUNE 2009 SETTLEMENT ==

Tuesday, 30th of June 2009

We had an appointment with CSR bricks and roofing; to choose the colours of the bricks, roof tile, fascia, facade, gutter, window frames and garage colour.

We decided on a Sandy colour for the facade, for the pillars chocolate colour and coffee coloured bricks. We also chose a varnished wood style garage panel door although we had to pay extra for it but our consultant advised it should be only a few hundred dollars extra which is ok. For the roof tile we chose black, gutter and fascia the colour cream.


Samples of the colour of the exterior of our house


Wednesday, 17th of June 2009

Our Lawyers have called today and confirmed that the land is now ours and it has been paid in full, now we can now start the building process. After all the problems and paperwork that we had to go through it was well worth the experience gained.

WE NOW OWN A PIECE OF AUSTRALIA AND FINALLY THE BUILDING OF THE HOUSE WILL COMMENCE SOON - ONTO THE NEXT STEP!!!


Tuesday, 16th of June 2009

After a week of suspense. It was getting closer and closer to Settlement to be exact which is tommorow.
We could not get hold of our Bank loans officer and left about 10 voicemails, and emailed the branch, we were getting frustrated basically mixed emotions on how or what are we going to do, basically we hit a wall. If this problem isn't fix before settlement we will need to get another $5000 which we do not have for settlement not to mention penalty fees for delayed settlement.

It is now 4:40pm and we got a call finally from the Bank Manager and advised that she has been chasing this up all day. But....... great news they managed to pull it off, the missing link was that the State Revenue Office has not approved our home owners grant as they have so much to process luckily our Bank Manager was able to push us right to the front and processed it on the spot phew.

All the calculations was correct from the start so the Banks Head Office did not consider our home loans officer calculations which caused all the this drama in the first place, they forgot about the $26,000 Home Owners Grant into the calculation. Anyway all is good, our banks have fixed it and the correct money needed for deposit settlement is correct as we have discussed with the Home loans officer.

Our Lawyers now have called and just required $4000 as the $26,000 Government's grant will pay the rest of the $30,000 to pay the Land in full and the settlement is complete.

Friday, 12th of June 2009

More issues with paperwork, the Lawyers have contacted us that they require a $40,000 cheque next week before settlement which I believe was incorrect, as we have calculated it with our home loans officer to contribute $8,600 of our own money which is correct.

We have contacted our bank and spoke to our home loans officer they have advised that, they must have miscalculated the amount as we never agreed on contributing $40K to start with. Our home loans officer will speak to them to get this fixed.

Wednesday, 10th of June 2009

We have recieved a call from our Lawyers that in order for the settlement to proceed they require all the bank forms to be processed, and which they have advised that it hasn't, therefore this will delay our settlement which was suppose to be next Monday, and we may forfeit our $5000 rebate for the Land portion, which is what we don't want to happen as we have a deal that if we settle before the due date we will get $5000 off the price of the land total cost. We will not be very happy if we will need to pay an extra $5000 of our own money.

Anyways, we have contacted our home loans officer regarding this, and she has advised that she will contact all necessary people in the Banks head office to get this processed asap, but other than that she really cannot control the flow of process which are individually done by other people.

Now we contacted our Lawyers which have contacted the builder to organize extending the settlement time frame. The lawyers did a great job organizing the extension, the builder has agreed and now the deadline for settlement has been extended till Wednesday next week.

Now we are just hoping all paperwork will get through on time for settlement.

No comments:

Post a Comment